23 Mar Spring Clean Your Health + Fitness
Spring is officially here! While the temperature in Michigan is yet to feel quite spring-like, we are ready for the sunshine and longer days that the spring months bring. We’ve all heard of spring cleaning your home, but why not take the chance to do the same for your health and fitness?
Five Ways To Spring Clean Your Health + Fitness
- Get outside! After a long winter cooped up indoors, take advantage of warmer temps and long day light hours. Post-work walks, runs or bike rides are a great way to keep moving while enjoying fresh air.
- Clean out your pantry. Take the contents of your pantry (or refrigerator) and get rid of anything that shouldn’t be there! Old baking supplies, not-so-healthy packaged foods and anything that’s expired can get tossed in the trash.
- Replace your tennis shoes. After miles on the treadmill during FLEX, your workout shoes might be up for a replacement. If the treads on the bottom are starting to wear out and/or the can feel the cushion starting to give, take the opportunity to find a new pair.
- Try a new class time. Always an evening workout person? Why not try an earlier morning class to switch it up? Or take advantage of the longer days and attend and evening class and get home while it is still light out!
- Join our April challenge! That’s right, there’s another challenge coming your way in just a few short weeks. We’ll be sending out more details in the next few days– this is a great way to keep motivated through the spring season.