28 Apr Our Favorite Fruit + Veggie Tips
Fruits and veggies are our favorite. Not only are they versatile and easy to prepare, they are full of vitamins and key nutrients that our bodies need. Read below for our best fruit and vegetable tips and tricks.
- Buy fruit that is in season and freeze for later. This is a great way to use produce in smoothies and baked goods.
- Add lemon and lime juice to water or iced tea as a natural flavor enhancer, instead of buying bottled juices.
- Stick grapes in the freezer during warmer months for a cool, sweet treat.
- Spiralize vegetables like sweet potato or zucchini as a substitute for pasta.
- Add fresh or frozen spinach to smoothies as an easy way to include greens.
- Substitute avocado for mayonnaise or cream based sauces.
- Craving something sweet? Combine a frozen banana + vanilla extract and almond milk in a blender for a healthy ice cream copycat.