23 May Memorial Day Motivation
It doesn’t seem possible that Memorial Day is already just around the corner. As we get ready to celebrate those who lost their lives serving our country along with the “unofficial” start of summer we need a few simple ways to keep our health on track. Read below for 5 easy ways to stay healthy on Memorial Day and beyond!
- FLEX! First a foremost, get to the studio! We are open Memorial Day weekend at all three locations (including Monday) and want to see you there. We know that if you begin your day with FLEX, you will be more likely to continue to make healthy choices throughout the day.
- More water. The summer months often include sugary mixed drinks or carb-heavy beers. We aren’t saying you can’t enjoy your favorite adult beverage but instead encourage you to drink a large glass of water in between each. This will help keep you feeling satisfied and hydrated.
- Pace yourself. It’s super tempting to throw caution to the wind and enjoy every one of your favorite BBQ foods as summer kicks off, but we challenge you to choose wisely. Pick a few of your favorite summer food and beverages instead of enjoying them all at once. If you love a s’more- go for it! But maybe save the ice cream for your next summer gathering. It’s all about moderation.
- Keep moving. The activity doesn’t have to stop once you leave the studio. The weather is finally nice enough to be outside- so take advantage! Go for a bike ride, a long walk, a hike or whatever makes you feel healthy and refreshed. It’s important to do things that make you feel good inside and out.
- Eat three meals. Just because you have a party to attend in the evening doesn’t mean you need to skip lunch, or breakfast for that matter. Stick to your regularly scheduled diet pre-celebration and you’ll be less likely to overindulge later in the day.
Happy Memorial Day, FLEXcitizens!